- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Place filling on tortillas; serve with with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lime Chicken Tacos
"love this. have been making it for years and shared it many many times since it first appeared in the magazine"
"Very easy and delicious!. great fast meal. Love the lime flavor."
"Made the recipe exactly as written, but cut in half for just 2 of us. Used mild salsa, as we aren't big "heat" fans and kept the lime juice/chili powder ratio as is. Wonderful! We decided this is definitely "a keeper" and will be made again and again. So easy, so quick after chicken was cooked. Yum-Yum!"
"This is a great & easy "throw it together in 2 seconds" base chicken recipe for the crockpot. I used legs & thighs since it is what I had on hand. They were succulent, flavorful & the meat fell off the bone. Not dry, quite the opposite-lots of sauce, that's the difference between breasts & dark meat. I added cilantro & chopped green chilies for more flavor when I added the corn & salsa. Next time I'll add black beans to make a whole meal in a pot. Nice change from the usual, will make again."
"I was really impressed with this. I had just over 1.5 lbs of chicken breasts, and after pretty much exactly 5 hours exactly it shredded incredibly easily. The flavor was really good too. I've never been one to put salsa on my tacos or burritos (I'm more of a pico de gallo person), this was super good. It also made enough that I'm going to definitely get more than a few meals out of it. Easy, quick and cheap.By the way, I bought a can of corn, accidentally got creamed corn, and (while this was the first time I made this, so I don't know how it's supposed be exactly), I don't think it changed anything. The salsa has enough liquid that it got absorbed without an issue.I'm definitely making this again."
"Very good. I cooked for 4.5 hours and meat was starting to dry out, next time I will check it at 4 hours. I had to use mainly salsa verde since I didn't have enough tomato based salsa and I did add a little salt."
"These are great. The only change I made was to add a can of black beans."
"So easy to make, but absolutely delicious! One of our favorites!"
"This was so easy to throw together in the morning before work. I used frozen chicken so I let it cook longer than the recommended 5-6 hours. It had such a good taste!"
"Is pretty simple and tasty and inecpensive"