Lime Chicken on Fruited Spring Greens Recipe
- 7 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium nectarine, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons thyme and 1/2 teaspoon oil; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 4-6 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the garlic and remaining lime juice, thyme, oil, salt and pepper. In another bowl, toss salad greens and nectarine. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- 4. Divide salad mixture between two serving plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salad. Sprinkle with raspberries, blackberries, pine nuts and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 384 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Lime Chicken on Fruited Spring Greens
"Beautiful and absolutely delicious, everyone loved it!!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.