Lime Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. Stir in the flour, cocoa and seasonings. Add the tomatoes, lime juice and lime peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beans; heat through.
- 3. Meanwhile, place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
1-1/4 cups with 10 tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon sour cream: 357 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 643mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Lime Chicken Chili
"I needed to add a cup of water it was too thick. it definitely needs even more spice like hot sauce or somethingbut you wouldn't think so with as many spices as it has. I used chopped rotisserie chicken."
"Sounds delicious but cocoa?"
"easy and excellent"
"Little tart from the lime. Didn't even add the full 1/4 cup."