Lime Carrots Recipe
Perk up everyday carrots with a twist of lime. They're great with everything from fish to chicken and pair perfectly with pork, too. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. Place brown sugar and butter in another microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on high for 30-45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC