Perk up everyday carrots with a twist of lime. They're great with everything from fish to chicken and pair perfectly with pork, too. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- Place brown sugar and butter in another microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook on high for 30-45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour over carrots; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lime Carrots in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p25
Reviews for Lime Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review