Lime-Buttered Broccoli for Two Recipe
“I got tired of serving broccoli the same way every time, so I prepared this recipe.” The simple butter sauce turns the tender florets into something special. — Denise Albers, Freeburg, Illinois
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Drizzle butter mixture over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 71 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC