Lime-Buttered Broccoli for Two Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Drizzle butter mixture over broccoli; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 71 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Lime-Buttered Broccoli for Two
"I made this recipe and doubled it for our family. I found that the lime was a little bit too strong for me. Next time I will make it and reduce the lime juice a little so that it's just a hint without being a strong up-front taste. If you really like lime flavorings in foods, you will enjoy this!"