Lime Broiled Catfish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Lime slices or wedges, optional
- Fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the lime juice, salt if desired, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Place fillets in a shallow baking pan. Brush each fillet generously with lime-butter sauce. Broil for 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over each fillet. Garnish with lime slices and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 254 calories, 14g fat (0g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Lime Broiled Catfish
"So good! Finally something as tasty as frying catfish but healthy. I use olive oil in place of the butter and it's still delicious! Thanks for the recipe."
"Quick, easy and used items I had on hand. Great last minute supper when you only have a few minutes to get it to the table! And great tasting too. I used tilapia."
"Quick, easy, and has ingredients that most cooks have readily on hand. I used tilapia and had delicious results"
"Quick and easy. Works well with other fish too. (I used grouper)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.