Lime Broiled Catfish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Lime slices or wedges, optional
- Fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the lime juice, salt if desired, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 2. Place fillets in a shallow baking pan. Brush each fillet generously with lime-butter sauce. Broil for 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over each fillet. Garnish with lime slices and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and without added salt) equals 4 lean meat, 1 fat; also, 254 calories, 156 mg sodium, 98 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 14 gm fat.
Reviews for Lime Broiled Catfish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.