Lime Broiled Catfish
To serve a reduced-calorie dish that is ready in about 15 minutes. I came up with this fast simple recipe. I think the lime juice adds a different fresh flavor to the mild taste of the fish.
Nick Nicholson, Clarksdale, Mississippi
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- Lime slices or wedges, optional
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the lime juice, salt if
- desired, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from the heat and set
- Place fillets in a shallow baking pan. Brush each fillet generously
- with lime-butter sauce. Broil for 5-8 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork.
- Remove to a warm serving dish; spoon pan juices over each fillet.
- Garnish with lime slices and parsley if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine and without added salt) equals 4 lean meat, 1 fat; also, 254 calories, 156 mg sodium, 98 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 14 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon