"This was my grandmother's favorite recipe to make when the peaches were in great abundance. Now I bake it very often for my family and friends." -Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Summer Farmers Market Recipes
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat sugars and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. Beat in water just until moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in pecans. Crumble over fruit mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and egg yolk; drizzle over topping. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lime 'n' Spice Peach Cobbler in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p43
Reviews for Lime 'n' Spice Peach Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review