This was my grandmother’s favorite recipe to make when they had bushels of peaches. Now I love to bake it whenever I can for my family and friends. —Mary Ann Dell of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix first six ingredients; toss with peaches and lime juice. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, beat butter and sugars until blended. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; beat into butter mixture. Beat in water just until crumbly. Stir in pecans; crumble over filling.
- Whisk together egg yolk and buttermilk; brush carefully over crumb mixture. Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lime 'n' Spice Peach Cobbler in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p43
Reviews for Lime & Spice Peach Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review