- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, toss coconut with flour; stir in egg white mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until tops are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Lime & Gin Coconut Macaroons
Sort By :
"I made these cookies this weekend because I thought the ingredients seemed interesting. These are some of the best cookies I've ever had. Very easy to make also. This recipe is a keeper."
"You can use any kind of gin you wish or just leave it out all together. But really love these cookies"
"Can someone please tell me what type of gin is best to use for this?"
"Excellent cookies! And so easy to make! I recommend doubling the batch to share with friends! LOVE LOVE LOVE! YUM!"
"FANTASTIC!!!!!!! The gin adds a very different flavor. Everyone I've served these to ask loved them and had no clue it had gin in it. These will be on my christmas cookie tray for many years to come. I'll probably be making them all year long, too."