I took these lime and coconut macaroons to our annual cookie exchange, where we name a queen. I won the crown! — Milissa Kirkpatrick, Angel Fire, New Mexico
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, toss coconut with flour; stir in egg white mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes or until tops are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lime & Gin Coconut Macaroons in Taste of Home November 2013
Reviews for Lime & Gin Coconut Macaroons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review