Lime & Gin Coconut Macaroons
I took these lime and coconut macaroons to our annual cookie exchange, where we name a queen. I won the crown! — Milissa Kirkpatrick, Angel Fire, New Mexico
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons gin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the first six
- ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, toss coconut with flour;
- stir in egg white mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- 15-18 minutes or until tops are light brown. Remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate, allowing excess to
- drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 140 calories, 7 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.