Lima Beans with Pork Sausage
This is a delicious dish to bring to a pot-luck or church supper. It it is so easy to put together and you will be returning home with an empty dish.—Ruby Wood, Sugar Land, Texas
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 50 min.
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a Dutch oven, bring beans, water and salt to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour (or soak beans overnight).
- Do not drain. Bring beans to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, shape sausage into 3/4-in. balls; brown in a large skillet
- or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain fat. Stir in the tomato
- juice, chili powder, pepper and basil.
- Drain beans; add sausage mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until
- heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 13 g protein.