Lima Beans with Pork Sausage Recipe
This is a delicious dish to bring to a pot-luck or church supper. It it is so easy to put together and you will be returning home with an empty dish.—Ruby Wood, Sugar Land, Texas
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring beans, water and salt to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour (or soak beans overnight). Do not drain. Bring beans to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, shape sausage into 3/4-in. balls; brown in a large skillet or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain fat. Stir in the tomato juice, chili powder, pepper and basil.
- 3. Drain beans; add sausage mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 255 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Lima Beans with Pork Sausage
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC