Lima Bean Sunshine Stew
This fresh, flavored stew features a nice light broth instead of a typical thickened. My family has been regularly requesting this one-pot meal for as long as I can remember.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, cut into eighths
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 1-cup serving (prepared with low-fat ham and without salt) equals 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable; also, 139 calories, 522 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 10 gm protein, 2 gm fat.