Lima Bean Medley Recipe
Here's a tasty medley of beans and veggies that harmonizes perfectly with healthy meal plans. Dianne Spurgeon of London, Ontario shared the recipe. Her mildly spice succotash makes a colorful side that goes well with many main dishes.
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add lima beans and corn; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the basil, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Lima Bean Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC