Lima Bean Casserole Recipe
When my daughter was growing up, I could get her to eat lima beans in this casserole with lots of cheese. She's an adult now and still thinks cheese helps almost every vegetable recipe!—Tickle Ragland, Hodgenville, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 cups frozen baby lima beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a bowl, combine lima beans, soup, celery and milk. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until the bread crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC