Lima Bean Bake
This was my mother's recipe, and I enjoyed it often growing up. Now I make it for m y husband. The delicious taste has stood the test of time;Sharon Lemke, Quincy, Michigan
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Dash poultry seasoning
- Cook the lima beans according to package directions. Drain, reserving
- 1/2 cup liquid; set beans and liquid aside. In a skillet, cook beef
- and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add
- tomato sauce, brown sugar, salt, poultry seasoning and reserved bean
- liquid. Place the beans in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top
- with tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes
- or until bubbly. Stir before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 131 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.