- In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar and salt. Add flour; beat until
- smooth. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet. Pour 2
- tablespoons bater into center of skillet; lift and turn pan to cover
- bottom. Cook until lightly browned; turn and brown the other side.
- Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter
- to skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or
- paper towels in between.
- For filling, combine sugar and flour in a heavy saucepan; stir in
- cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir 1/2 cup hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan. Cook and stir
- over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly (do
- not boil). Stir in butter, vanilla and nutmeg. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate. Fold lilacs into filling just before
- assembling crepes.
- For syrup, combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until
- smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Add lilacs and
- blueberries; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Strain syrup, discarding
- lilacs and blueberries (do not press flowers or fruit. Spoon syrup
- onto plates. Fill crepes with cream filling; roll up. Place crepes
- over syrup. Garnish with Candied Lilacs. Yield: 16 crepes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 399 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 256 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.