Lil Cheddar Meat Loaves Recipe
I got this recipe from my Aunt when I was a teen and have made these lip-smacking miniature loaves many times. My husband and three children count this main dish among their favorites. The recipe is also great for company, since it's easily doubled or tripled. —Kathy Bowron, Cocolalla, Idaho
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the cheese, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight loaves; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard; spoon over loaves.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 254 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC