Lil' Devil Eggs Recipe
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Smoked paprika
- 1. Cut pepper in half, finely chop one half and set aside. Cut eggs in half widthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so they sit flat. Remove yolks. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the chopped pepper, mayonnaise, jalapeno, pepper sauce and salt; mix well. Stuff into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Cut horns from remaining pepper half and press into filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half: 55 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Lil' Devil Eggs
"What ever happened to deviled eggs made with deviled ham /"
"These are excellent. I just used normal paprika."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.