Lil' Devil Eggs
Look out! Hot stuff coming through! These fun and spicy eggs will be the talk of any buffet table. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Smoked paprika
- Cut pepper in half, finely chop one half and set aside. Cut eggs in
- half widthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so
- they sit flat. Remove yolks. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the
- chopped pepper, mayonnaise, jalapeno, pepper sauce and salt; mix
- well. Stuff into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut horns from remaining pepper half and press into filling.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.