Lil' Devil Eggs Recipe
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Smoked paprika
- 1. Cut pepper in half, finely chop one half and set aside. Cut eggs in half widthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so they sit flat. Remove yolks. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the chopped pepper, mayonnaise, jalapeno, pepper sauce and salt; mix well. Stuff into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Cut horns from remaining pepper half and press into filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed egg half: 55 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Lil' Devil Eggs
"What ever happened to deviled eggs made with deviled ham /"
"These are excellent. I just used normal paprika."