Look out! Hot stuff coming through! These fun and spicy eggs will be the talk of any buffet table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small sweet red pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Smoked paprika
- Cut pepper in half, finely chop one half and set aside. Cut eggs in half widthwise. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each half so they sit flat. Remove yolks. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add the chopped pepper, mayonnaise, jalapeno, pepper sauce and salt; mix well. Stuff into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cut horns from remaining pepper half and press into filling. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lil' Devil Eggs in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p13
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Lil' Devil Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2015
"What ever happened to deviled eggs made with deviled ham /"
Reviewed May. 30, 2012
"These are excellent. I just used normal paprika."