Like-Homemade Baked Beans
Looking for a speedy way to jazz up canned pork and beans? Sue Thomas of Casa Grande, Arizona gives them homemade taste with bacon, onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. A pleaser at picnics, this dish is easy on your pocketbook at a mere 28¢ per serving.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion; cook until
- tender. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15
- minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 623 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein.