Looking for a speedy way to jazz up canned pork and beans? Sue Thomas of Casa Grande, Arizona gives them homemade taste with bacon, onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. A pleaser at picnics, this dish is easy on your pocketbook at a mere 28¢ per serving.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion; cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Like-Homemade Baked Beans in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p22
Reviews for Like-Homemade Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review