Looking for a speedy way to jazz up canned pork and beans? Sue Thomas of Casa Grande, Arizona gives them homemade taste with bacon, onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. A pleaser at picnics, this dish is easy on your pocketbook at a mere 28¢ per serving.
Recommended: Our Most-Shared Recipes Ever
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion; cook until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cook for 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Like-Homemade Baked Beans in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p22
Reviews for Like-Homemade Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 22, 2009
"YUMMY! Pre-made for going to a cabin this weekend to go with some ribs....I tasted them and VERY GOOD! I did leave out the Worcest. sauce however. (matter of personal taste there)I had promised my hubby homemade beans but didn't have the time....these fit the bill without all the work. THANKS for this yummy side dish!"