Like 'Em Hot Wings
"These spicy chicken wings are wonderfully seasoned," says field editor Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "They're an easy crowd-pleasing snack."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 12 whole chicken wings (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (2 ounces) hot pepper sauce (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Celery and carrot sticks and blue cheese salad dressing, optional
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. In a large
- resealable plastic bag, combine the hot pepper sauce, garlic and
- seasonings. Add wings; toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a
- well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes. Serve with celery,
- carrots and blue cheese dressing if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 each) equals 173 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a