Lightly Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 9 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and eggs. Add the sour cream, milk, onions, salt, pepper and food coloring if desired.
- 2. Pour into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; cook and gently stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1/3 cup) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.