Lightly Scrambled Eggs
Wake up your taste buds with this fluffy entree, enhanced with sour cream, green onions and cheese. To keep it light, Patricia Kaliska of Phillips, Wisconsin uses reduced-fat and fat-free ingredients.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 egg whites
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and eggs. Add the sour cream,
- milk, onions, salt, pepper and food coloring if desired.
- Pour into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; cook
- and gently stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for
- 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/3 cup) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.