Packed with lean ground beef and nutritious veggies, here's a dinner dish that's as good as it is good for you! —Mary Lou Wills, La Plata, Maryland
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, beans, vegetables, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with four noodles. Repeat layers once. Top with half of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with half of the cheeses. Layer with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Corn Carne in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lighter Lasagna Corn Carne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review