Lighter Hamburger Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain noodles; stir into beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, ricotta cheese and sour cream until blended. Stir in half of the onions.
- Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with cheese mixture and remaining noodle mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Lighter Hamburger Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
This is similar to the 'Heavenly Family Casserole', the recipe that I want to review but can't find online. It was demonstrated at a November 2013 TOH Cooking School. It uses 8 oz of noodles, 2 lb of ground beef, 1 clove of garlic, S&P, 8 oz of cream cheese, 2 cups sour cream, 24 oz tomato sauce, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. The ingredients were prepared the same way with 3 layers (noodles, cream cheese mixture, meat) put into a 9x13 baking dish. It was topped with 1 cup of shredded cheddar. Baked at 350 for 30 minutes. Well, the 'Heavenly Family Casserole' I prepared for (literally) a team of professional basketball players got rave reviews! I actually doubled the ingredients to make two - one is still in my freezer. Can't wait to defrost and bake for my family this weekend. Thank you TOH Cooking School for this great recipe!
The family loved this recipe!
This was great, but tempts to eat too much! Used a seasoned sauce as recommended and was really good.
Very good. I like the suggestion of using a flavored tomato sauce. I think that would add alot.