Lighter Fudgy Brownies
"No one will ever guess that these soft, chocolaty brownies are made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites," assures Denise Baumert, field editor from Dalhart, Texas.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and yogurt. Stir in egg
- whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 87 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.