Lighter Fudgy Brownies Recipe
"No one will ever guess that these soft, chocolaty brownies are made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites," assures Denise Baumert, field editor from Dalhart, Texas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and yogurt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until combined.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
One serving equals 87 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC