"No one will ever guess that these soft, chocolaty brownies are made with light ingredients like yogurt and egg whites," assures Denise Baumert, field editor from Dalhart, Texas.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free plain or vanilla yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and yogurt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour and nuts just until combined.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p16
Reviews for Lighter Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review