Lighter Cookie Cutouts Recipe
These simple cookie cutouts are so light and easy, you'll want to bake up several batches to decorate in different ways. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- FOR VARIATIONS:
- Yellow and red food coloring
- Beaten egg white
- Popsicle or lollipop sticks
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add egg, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Repeat.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie: 92 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Lighter Cookie Cutouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC