Lighter Chicken Parmigiana
A nicely seasoned breading coats the tender chicken breasts in this attractive entree. When I have extra time, I make my own herbed tomato sauce instead of using prepared spaghetti sauce. —Rhonda Schiel of Magnolia, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese,
- Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg
- substitute. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in crumbs.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes. Turn chicken; bake for
- 10 minutes. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken; bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 412 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 1,420 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,