Lighter Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg substitute. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10 minutes. Turn chicken; bake for 10 minutes. Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken; bake for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Lighter Chicken Parmigiana
Sort By :
"I used Panko and minced garlic. Very moist and yummy chicken. I would definitely sub in my homemade sauce."
"Very easy to make and really good. We had it over spagetti."
"tasty and easy to make."
"I absolutely love this recipe! It is very easy to make, and is so delicious!"
"Don't expect the breading to get too crispy, but it's still really good. My husband isn't generally a fan of chicken parm, but he really liked this. I didn't measure the cheese, I just put some on each piece of chicken... we generally find that more is better when it comes to cheese!"