Lightened-Up Salmon Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Assorted crackers and party breads
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the salmon, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers and breads. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 46 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.