Light Tiramisu Recipe
"I call this my 'skinny' dessert," Jackie Newell says with a smile. "It tastes just like the traditional Italian dessert, but uses low-fat and sugar-free ingredients," explains the Roanoke, Virginia cook.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup instant sugar-free cappuccino mix, divided
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1. Place cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cappuccino mix and 1/2 cup milk until dissolved. Pour over cake.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, remaining cappuccino mix and milk; whisk until smooth and thickened.
- 3. Beat into cream cheese and mix well. Fold in whipped topping; spoon over cake mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with cocoa just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 0g saturated fat (0 sugars.
Reviews for Light Tiramisu
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"Where do I find cappicino mix? Would it be in the coffee aisle at the grocery store?"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC