"I call this my 'skinny' dessert," Jackie Newell says with a smile. "It tastes just like the traditional Italian dessert, but uses low-fat and sugar-free ingredients," explains the Roanoke, Virginia cook.
Recommended: 18 Easy Overnight Desserts
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup instant sugar-free cappuccino mix, divided
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon baking cocoa
- Place cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cappuccino mix and 1/2 cup milk until dissolved. Pour over cake.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In a large bowl, combine the pudding mix, remaining cappuccino mix and milk; whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Beat into cream cheese and mix well. Fold in whipped topping; spoon over cake mixture. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with cocoa just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Light Tiramisu in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p39
Reviews for Light Tiramisu
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2011
"Where do I find cappicino mix? Would it be in the coffee aisle at the grocery store?"