Light Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Take a bite of this classic Southern dessert and you'll never guess it's been lightened up. The pleasing pie gets great fall flavor from a hint of pumpkin spice. —Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. Bake sweet potatoes at 350° for 1 hour or until very soft. Cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out the pulp and discard shells. Place pulp in a food processor or blender; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pulp, brown sugar, flour, orange peel, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt. Stir in milk and egg substitute until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Light Sweet Potato Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC