Light Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
You're bound to have sweet potato success when you whip up this casserole recipe from our Test Kitchen. With its rich color, creamy texture and irresistible taste, it is sure to be a popular stop on your holiday buffet table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, egg substitute, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC