You're bound to have sweet potato success when you whip up this casserole recipe from our Test Kitchen. With its rich color, creamy texture and irresistible taste, it is sure to be a popular stop on your holiday buffet table.
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, milk, egg substitute, brown sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Light Sweet Potato Casserole in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p20
Reviews for Light Sweet Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review