- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; transfer to a saucepan. Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin until combined. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Strawberry Pie
"I had an "extra servings size" graham crust so I upped the strawberries to 4 cups. I used regular pudding (3 3oz Vanilla Cook N Serve) and regular strawberry Jello. I drained 2 Pineapple Dole Bowls, ran them through the food processor and then drained them again. Perfect. This hit the spot on this hot June day. I will definitely give it a try with other berry/gelatin combinations. Thanks so much to Lou W for sharing the recipe!"
"I prepared this pie yesterday and it is delicious. I'm always looking for recipes with low sugar for my husband. I did have a hard time finding cook and serve sugar free vanilla pudding mix but finally found some. It is an easy pie to prepare and absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this pie.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Is there something else besides crushed pineapple I can use?"
"Easy to make and perfect dessert to bring to the lake. Was a hit with everyone. Awesome flavor and low calorie is a big plus!"
"Easy to make on a hot summer day. Delightful dessert to enjoy at sunset with friends. Everyone loved it."
"This was a good dessert for a family dinner. I used regular pudding and jello since I can't have artificial sweeteners. I tried slicing the strawberries with my egg slicer and two of the wires broke on the first one. I guess maybe the berries were a little too hard, but I won't be trying that again."
"Easy and good. I sliced the strawberies with my egg slicer"
"Easy to make with great taste! I made a home made crust, and did use more berries. The pie was a hit with my family. This recipe is a keeper."
"It was real refreshing in our weather with a heat index of 105! Loved it!"
"Very easy and very good. Also tried using 2 c. fresh peach slices, 1 c. fresh blueberries with sugar free peach jello....also very good. Will make this again and again."