Light Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; transfer to a saucepan. Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin until combined. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Strawberry Pie
Sort By :
Easy to make on a hot summer day. Delightful dessert to enjoy at sunset with friends. Everyone loved it.
This was a good dessert for a family dinner. I used regular pudding and jello since I can't have artificial sweeteners. I tried slicing the strawberries with my egg slicer and two of the wires broke on the first one. I guess maybe the berries were a little too hard, but I won't be trying that again.
Easy and good. I sliced the strawberies with my egg slicer
Easy to make with great taste! I made a home made crust, and did use more berries. The pie was a hit with my family. This recipe is a keeper.
It was real refreshing in our weather with a heat index of 105! Loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >