Light Strawberry Pie
Lou Wright’s luscious strawberry dessert is a pretty after-supper sweet. “People rave about this pie,” she says from Rockford, Illinois. And best of all, it’s a low-sugar sensation that you won’t feel one bit guilty to eat.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set
- pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups;
- transfer to a saucepan. Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin until
- combined. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in pineapple. Remove from the heat; cool for 10
- Add the strawberries; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish each piece with 1
- tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 159 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.