Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie Recipe
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Set aside four whole berries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries and set aside. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and sugar until dissolved. Stir in sliced strawberries. Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut reserved strawberries in half. Garnish each serving with whipped topping and a berry half. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Light Strawberry Gelatin Pie
Sort By :
I really don't have anything to add to what 73 people have said already, except - EVERYONE SHOULD TRY THIS PIE!!! It has everything: ease & simplicity of preparation, saves time by being made ahead, coolness on a hot day, light and refreshing with the fresh strawberries at all times! D. Smith, you're the best!
I followed this exactly as is EXCEPT I used regular strawberry jello and regular graham cracker crust (not sugar free). Our little family of 4 nearly finished this pie in one sitting. So good and super easy to make. I can't wait to make this for my Mom who is mindful of her sugar levels.
Made this for a friend whose husband is diabetic. I substituted 9 pkgs of Truvia for the 3 TBSP of sugar.
I made this pie years ago when our children were young back in the 70's. Glad to see you are bringing them back with alterations for diabetics.
Easy and quick to make. Delicious, refreshing for a light summer dessert. My hubby and son loved it. Added a couple drops of almond extract. Used Cool Whip!