Begin your day with a square of this scrumptious reduced-fat coffee cake. It's moist and yummy, with a band of cinnamon through the center. It won't last long. —Amy McBride, Columbia, Missouri
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Spoon half of batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of streusel. Top with remaining batter and streusel. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Light Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p55
Reviews for Light Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review