- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, yogurt, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Spoon half of batter into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with half of streusel. Top with remaining batter and streusel. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place pan on a wire rack to cool. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Light Sour Cream Coffee Cake
"This was moist and very good."
"We made this recipe with egg sustitute. Bake time was 32 minutes. The coffee cake came out perfect."
"texture-wise: too dense-"
"While the coffee cake came out extremely tasty, it's very heavy. I also had to extend the cooking time and it still came out pretty sticky. Next time I will probably substitute the sugar with splenda..."
"My family liked this coffee cake - thought it was great for how easy it is to make. I did have to bake it a little longer."