Light Seafood Tartlets
These are delightful little nibbles to add to a buffet. The warm tarts have a rich crab flavor and are easy to pick up and eat.Lisa Heine, Hamburg, New York
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drop filling by
- rounded tablespoonfuls into each tart shell; place on an ungreased
- baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until filling is
- set. Serve immediately. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Editor's Note: To save time, filling can be made a day ahead.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tartlet equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.