Light Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 4 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat the water, bouillon and garlic until bouillon is dissolved; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 175 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Light Scalloped Potatoes
"I cut the recipe in half and it still turned out really well. Nice crisp crust on the top layer of potatoes from the parm. I added some pepper and a no salt seasoning blend because it seemed a little bland."