Light Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 4 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat the water, bouillon and garlic until bouillon is dissolved; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 175 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Light Scalloped Potatoes
"I cut the recipe in half and it still turned out really well. Nice crisp crust on the top layer of potatoes from the parm. I added some pepper and a no salt seasoning blend because it seemed a little bland."