Light Rosemary Rice Recipe
This quick rice dish is a favorite with my family. It's low in fat because it gets it's flavor from herbs, not butter. -Connie Regalado of El Paso, Texas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, rosemary and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 250 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC