Light Rosemary Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, rosemary and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 250 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Light Rosemary Rice
"My husband and I liked this, but thought that the pepper taste was overwhelming, almost over powering the rosemary taste. I will be cutting back on that next time. Also I didn't have any shredded Parmesan, so I tried Mozzarella. I don't think it gave it much of a taste. Next time I'll stick with either the shredded Parm or grated. Otherwise, a decent side. I'll make this again."
"Easy to make and delicious, I don't always put the cheese in, but it tastes great with or with out."
"Easy Easy Easy to make and tasted fablous didnt need any butter or anything over the top. Skipped the cheese - didn't think it needed it. Complimented our turkey dinner perfectly!"
"I did not include the Parmesan cheese when I made it, but it was still delicious! It has a small kick to it from the spices that my husband and I both loved."