Light Rosemary Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice, rosemary and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Light Rosemary Rice(2)
Sort By :
Easy Easy Easy to make and tasted fablous didnt need any butter or anything over the top. Skipped the cheese - didn't think it needed it. Complimented our turkey dinner perfectly!
I did not include the Parmesan cheese when I made it, but it was still delicious! It has a small kick to it from the spices that my husband and I both loved.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >