Light Rosemary Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic; separate into cloves, leaving them unpeeled. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and garlic. Add oil and salt; toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with rosemary sprigs. Bake at 450° for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- 3. Remove garlic cloves; cool. Stir potato mixture; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard rosemary. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; mash with a fork. Add mustard and vinegar. Add potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 397 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Light Rosemary Red Potatoes
"This our favorite potato dish even my hard to please daughter loves these pototoes"
"This is my new favorite roasted potato recipe. Full of flavor without an overkill of salt. I didn't care for the sauce much, I served it on the side. But it went well with the pork tenderloin I served with these."