Light Rosemary Red Potatoes
“The delicious combination of roasted garlic, rosemary and potatoes will make your whole house smell wonderful,” Sally Ridenour attests from Salem, Oregon. “Try this dish with grilled steak or roasted chicken.”
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic; separate into cloves, leaving
- them unpeeled. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and garlic.
- Add oil and salt; toss to coat.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with rosemary sprigs. Bake
- at 450° for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Remove garlic cloves; cool. Stir potato mixture; bake 5-8 minutes
- longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard
- rosemary. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; mash with a
- fork. Add mustard and vinegar. Add potato mixture and stir gently to
- coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 397 mg sodium,