“The delicious combination of roasted garlic, rosemary and potatoes will make your whole house smell wonderful,” Sally Ridenour attests from Salem, Oregon. “Try this dish with grilled steak or roasted chicken.”
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic; separate into cloves, leaving them unpeeled. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and garlic. Add oil and salt; toss to coat.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Top with rosemary sprigs. Bake at 450° for 15-17 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Remove garlic cloves; cool. Stir potato mixture; bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Discard rosemary. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; mash with a fork. Add mustard and vinegar. Add potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rosemary Red Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p52
Reviews for Light Rosemary Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review