Light Rocky Road Pudding Recipe
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Transfer to individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, top with marshmallows and walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 183 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Light Rocky Road Pudding
"I taught elementary school kids to make this recipe using a microwave. Delicious! They compared it to instant chocolate pudding and said they would cook it every time from now on!"
"This recipe is so easy to make and absolutely delicious. It's one my family wants on a regular basis and it's a keeper, for sure."