Light Rocky Road Pudding Recipe
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Transfer to individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, top with marshmallows and walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
1/2 cup: 183 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Light Rocky Road Pudding
"I taught elementary school kids to make this recipe using a microwave. Delicious! They compared it to instant chocolate pudding and said they would cook it every time from now on!"
"this is so light, yet a great taste of chocolate-my husband said it should "become a regular" for our dessert! Thanks for sharing"
"This recipe is so easy to make and absolutely delicious. It's one my family wants on a regular basis and it's a keeper, for sure."