"I'm always on the lookout for delicious things to fix for my husband and my 89 year-old mother," shares Linda Foreman of Locust Grove, Oklahoma. "This rich dessert is a winner with everyone."
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar substitute, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, top with marshmallows and walnuts. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rocky Road Pudding in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p29
Reviews for Light Rocky Road Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review